After suffering a personal injury through no fault of your own, it’s important to consider hiring a Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer to help you recover your damages. The attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo, PC have helped hundreds of accident victims recover the maximum in compensation.
The attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo, PC offer a free consultation. If you would like to discuss your personal injury case with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Middletown NJ call us at (908) 768-3884 to schedule an appointment.
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Personal Injury Lawyer
Before meeting with a Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer, prepare a list of written questions and a pen to take notes. This can be especially helpful later on when you need to reference this information. Below are some suggested questions that you may find helpful.
- Do you work on a contingency fee basis? When an attorney works on contingency, that means he or she won’t be paid unless they obtain a settlement or win a trial verdict.
- What will you charge if you settle my personal injury case?
- What will you charge if we have to go to trial and you win my personal injury case?
- What is your success rate with personal injury cases? This can tell you if they have any experience with personal injury settlements or lawsuits. It can also tell you if this particular personal injury lawyer Middletown NJ offers is successful in this area of law. These two pieces of information may go a long way in telling you if you want to hire him or her.
- Do other law firms refer personal injury cases to you? If another firm gives him or her referrals, then very likely the attorney has a good reputation.
- What is your success rate with personal injury cases similar to mine in a jury trial? Though every case is unique, an attorney who has trial experience with similar cases is more likely to win your case. In addition, hiring an experienced and successful personal injury lawyer may motivate the insurance company to agree to a fair settlement to avoid a trial. In most instances, a fair settlement is preferable because trials can be costly and are usually more time consuming.
- How long will it take to reach a settlement. An experienced Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer should be able to give you an estimate of time based on a review of your case and a reasonable familiarity with the insurance company that’s involved, but these
- How often will I receive updates from you about my case, and how will you contact me? Each attorney has their preferred method of communicating and you will want to know up front if their style will work for you. If you need to hear from them more often, tell them what you prefer and see if that is workable. If the attorney offers and explanation of why that won’t work for her or him, listen with an open mind. If they usually communicate by phone but you prefer text messaging, let them know and ask if they can accommodate you. It’s best to know ahead of time if you and a particular Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer can work together.
When you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, you may deserve compensation for your losses. Our firm offers a free initial consultation to discuss your case. If you need a Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer who can help you recover your damages, contact the attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo, PC today.