If you were hurt in an accident caused by someone else, you should speak to a personal injury claims attorney Newark NJ residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. An attorney can help you file a timely claim and make sure that your legal rights are protected.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Every year, millions of people are hurt in accidents caused by someone else’s negligence. Here are the most common types of personal injury cases:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are one of the most common cases a personal injury claims attorney in Newark NJ deals with. In many cases, these accidents are due to some type of careless driving, such as speeding, distracted driving and fatigued driving. Most of the time, the careless driver can be held financially responsible for any injuries that result from the accident.
- Medical Malpractice: While most medical professionals do everything they can to provide exceptional care for their patients, mistakes can still happen. most medical professionals do everything they can to provide exceptional care for their patients, mistakes can still happen. Common types of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosis, anesthesia errors and medication mistakes. While medical malpractice lawsuits are quite complex, they can help the victims obtain the compensation they deserve.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners are legally responsible for ensuring their premises are safe for other people. If they fail to do this, others can suffer slip and fall accidents. For example, if a spill at a grocery store doesn’t get cleaned up right away, a customer can slip and fall and endure serious injuries.
- Dog Bites: In the majority of cases, a dog owner is financially responsible if their dog bites another person, even if the dog never showed aggression in the past.
- Product Liability: Product manufacturers are responsible for ensuring their products are safe before releasing them to the public. When they fail to do this and a person suffers injuries from a defective product, the manufacturers will be held legally responsible for the damages.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
No matter what type of personal injury case you’re dealing with, it’s important to hire a skilled Newark personal injury attorney. Personal injury lawsuits involve many complexities, so it’s helpful to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. Your lawyer will help you gather necessary evidence, identify key witnesses and represent you in court.
During your initial consultation with your lawyer, be prepared to answer several questions about your case, such as when and where the accident occurred and what types of injuries you suffered. If you have any evidence pertaining to your case, such as a police report or medical records, bring them with you to the meeting.
If you were hurt because of someone else’s negligence, call a personal injury claims attorney in Newark NJ.